Master's Degrees and Graduate Diplomas (Continuing Education) More than 400 master's degrees and graduate diplomas to take a step forward in your professional career. Choose your future, choose UAB.

Health Cover for European Union citizens

Health Cover for European Union citizens

Any foreign student, researcher or professor coming to UAB must have medical insurance cover. 

If you are a citizen of the European Union or a citizen of Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, and you are entitled to social security in your country, you should apply for the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This card makes visiting a state-run hospital, doctor's surgery or dental practice in European countries easier and means you will be treated in the same way as someone who lives in that country.

You can obtain a card free of charge by contacting your local health insurance institution as each individual country is responsible for producing or distributing the card in its own territory.

Take into account that the card does not cover private health care or repatriation costs. Visit the EHIC website to find out more: 
Once you arrive in Barcelona, to obtain medical care you should go to your nearest public healthcare centre (Centre d'Assistència Primària, CAP) and show your EHIC together with your identity document (ID card or passport). 

More information on CAP's, hospitals, private medical centers, etc. you find on the webpage of Barcelona's City Council (clicking at "Health and care").
Public Healthcare Centres (CAP):