Erasmus Staff Week
2023 UAB BIP-International Staff Week
The Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona is delighted to announce the first BIP-UAB International Staff Week which offers an exceptional opportunity for participants to experience the UAB campus, our students and our staff from a unique angle.
The program combines virtual and physical Workshops conducted by the International Relations Area and the Library Service creating a one-of-a-kind chance for representatives to experience the UAB and dive deep into the multitude of cultures in Barcelona. Being able to learn and network with colleagues from across the globe, the program will help you to progress your mind professionally and personally.
The 2023 BIP UAB International Staff Week will be held from the 16th to 20th October. The virtual activities will be organized before and after the physical mobility
What can you expect?
International Relations Track:
The tentative programme contains workshops, networking activities, and opportunities for sharing best practices among colleagues from a wide range of countries, including partners in International Credit Mobility.
The participants of our staff week will get a chance to discuss Erasmus+ programme, internationalisation strategies, international relations management, International Credit Mobility and learn more on on-line services for students and staff.
Main topics to cover:
- International Relations Management
- Mobility between Programme and Partner countries
- Blended Intensive Programes
- International Networks
Library Service Track:
Libraries within ECIU should contribute to ECIU university mission: to be an agile, open agora at the European level for solving multi-disciplinary societal challenges, doing research, and learning for life.
Librarians could discuss and share best practices and innovative solutions related to organizational or technical issues and strategic topics such as open science, digital services, special collections and local knowledge, digital literacy training or co-creation models.
Main topics to cover:
- Role of libraries in the ECIU Alliance.
- Building services to support open science: repositories, training, FAIR data, roles and responsibilities, citizen science.
- Innovative learning strategies: OpenLabs, library spaces, support for Challenge Based Learning, open educational resources.
- Special collections: digitization, digital humanities, preservation, special collection as cultural heritage, enhancing access through remote technology.
To know what you can look forward check the Preliminary Programme.
The working language for all sessions is English. A minimum level of B2 is required to follow the sessions.
Who can register?
- Open to all (administrative/teaching) staff members of our Partner Universities who work in the field of internationalization or Libraries.
- Number of participants is limited to 15 colleagues from Libraries and 20 from IROs. Staff of ECIU Universities have selection priority.
- UAB undertakes a selection process to guarantee the selected participants best match with the objectives of the International Staff Week.
- Confirmation of selected and non-selected participants will be sent the 30th June.
- Unfortunately, for capacity reasons we are unable to accept staff for job shadowing or individual training visits out of the ESW scheme.
How to register?
Online Registration now open until (deadline extended until 9th July)
There is no fee for participating in the UAB International Staff Week. Participants are however responsible for covering their own accommodation, travel to/from Barcelona and most meals during the week. Some meals are however complementary from UAB.
To help us ensure you get the best out of this experience and to answer any questions you might have, please email: Erasmus.email@example.com
The UAB campus is located in Bellaterra, at 20km outside Barcelona city. To come here from Barcelona you can come by train, it takes about 35-40 minutes. There are two train companies which arrive to the UAB, but the most convenient one is Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya (FGC).
The Ferrocarrils stop at Universitat Autonoma and leave you right in the center of the campus, at the Plaça Cívica.
Accommodation at the UAB Campus (Bellaterra)
Special rate for Erasmus Staff Week Participants at:
Accommodation in Barcelona
We advice you to look for accomodation close to a FGC S2 Line stop station.
Also you can check the Meet Barcelona webpage for more information.
You can check UAB's Mobility and Transport webpage for detailed information.