|How to write H2020 proposals|
Date: 05/02/2019 from 10 to 14h. & 06/02/2019 from 9 to 17:30h. (1,5-day course)
Venue: Sala Polivalent (Parc de Recerca)
Addressed to: P-Sphere fellows and other postdocs
The aim of this course is to train postdoc researchers in the preparation of competitive proposals for Horizon 2020 (from design to coordination).
Download the course programme.
|Graphic Design for Science Dissemination|
Date: 15/01 & 16/01, from 10:00 to 14:00h. (8-hour course)
Venue: Aula d’informàtica 1, Faculty of Communication Studies
Trainer: Heber Longás (scientific graphic designer and medical illustrator)
Addressed to: P-Sphere fellows, postdocs and predocs in their last PhD years
- Learn basic graphic design concepts to create illustrations for magazine articles, scientific posters and presentations.
- Use images to communicate in an attractive, entertaining and clear way.
- Use free graphic design tools for quality design as an alternative to PowerPoint.
- Find visual resources available on the Internet to use in your projects.
- Discover the most important image formats to work with the highest possible quality.
|Elevator Pitch - Present your project in 3 min.|
Date: 22 & 29/03/19, from 10:00 to 13:00
Venue: Room 23, Aulari Central (Building J)
Trainer: Servei de Llengües
Addressed to: P-Sphere fellows
Researchers are sometimes required to provide essential oral information in English to their interlocutors, people who do not necessarily belong to the same academic discipline or don’t have that specific knowledge but who can play a key role in the future of research initiatives. This Elevator Pitch course will help researchers to explain their project effectively in about three minutes.
The course will address, amongst other aspects:
- Analysis of the communicative situation to adapt the intervention
- Control of aspects related to courtesy in the discourse.
- Construction of a complete intervention around a central idea.
- Ability to synthesize.
- Preparation of a clear, precise, non-ambiguous discourse.
- Thematic progression and structure
- Communication of complex contents in a simple way.
- Creation of an interesting, easy, persuasive and stimulating discourse from the content to the structure.
- Non-verbal communication
- Linguistic accuracy.
The participants will produce a brief speech to share it with the class. The strengths and weaknesses of their in