Recognition of credits
Recognition of credits
Students who have completed university courses (subjects / modules) can apply for credit recognition once they have been admitted to other studies. The previous studies may have been at the UAB or any other university in Spain or abroad.
Recognition implies acceptance by the UAB of the previous studies, so that the credits recognised are incorporated into the new academic transcript and have the status of successfully completed studies. They are also taken into account when scaling the new transcript.
The application must cover all the courses that have been completed and incorporated into the transcript of previous studies, and credits will be recognised by establishing the equivalence between the competences and contents of the previous studies and the competences and contents of the new ones.
If the application is accepted, the recognised studies are incorporated into the new transcript on payment of the fee established in the Generalitat (Government of Catalonia) Decree in respect of fees for credit recognition. Once the credits are incorporated, they cannot be relinquished.
The application must be submitted within the period fixed in the academic and administrative calendar and should be addressed to the office of the dean or the management of the centre to which the applicant has been admitted to take the new studies. It is delivered to the academic management of the centre itself, together with the following documents:
- Application form.
- Original of the receipt for payment of the fees established in the Generalitat Decree with respect to applications.
- Personal academic certificates, Europass Certificate Supplement or a certified copy of the transcript stating the studies taken, the academic year and the grades.
- Syllabus of the module or subject, stating the competences, the relevant content, and the number of credits or hours/weeks per semester or year, with the stamp of the previous centre.
- Curriculum, or subject or module framework required to pass the previous course, issued by the previous centre, with the corresponding stamp.
- Any other documentation that the institution considers appropriate in order to process the application.
If the previous qualifications were obtained at a university outside Spain, the following documents must also be submitted:
- Information on the grading system of the previous university.
- If applicable, the corresponding translation completed by an official translator.
All documents must be official, issued by the competent authorities, and must be properly authenticated through diplomatic channels, according to the rules established by competent bodies, except the documentation from member countries of the European Union.
- Application for recognition and transfer of credits
- UAB regulations for degrees governed by Royal Decree 822/2021
- Fees for university academic and administrative services for the academic year (2023-2024)
- Support, Academic Recognition Service (SARU)
- Grade-Point-Average Equivalent Calculator
- Legalisation of official documents issued outside Spain (Ministry of Education)
- Legalisation of official documents issued outside Spain (Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation)