The UAB launches the BiciBus UAB
From 17 to 21 April, the UAB launches a new initiative under the name of BiciBus UAB: volunteers that will act as guides and accompany people on bike from different cities to the UAB campus. The goal is to help new bikers discover the routes to be used to get to and from campus. There will be volunteers in Cerdanyola, Sabadell, Sant Quirze, Sant Cugat, Terrassa, Barcelona (Renfe Sant Andreu Arenal) and la Llagosta.
The BiciBus UAB is an initiative to help bike riders discover the different bike paths that can be used to reach the campus. The initiative will begin on the week of 17 to 21 april, coinciding with the UAB's Health and Sustainability Week.
A series of volunteers will act as guides and help other bike riders reach the campus from different nearby towns and cities:
- Plaça Creu Alta (Wednesday and Thursday): 8 a.m.
- Carrer Vilarrúbias, 96 (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday): 7 a.m.
- Plaça Catalunya. In front of Banc Sabadell (Wednesday): 7:45 a.m.
- Plaça del Doctor Robert (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday): 8:30 a.m.
- Ronda Europa, 310 (Deixalleria, Punt Blau) (Monday): 9:30 a.m.
- In front of the Sabadell City Hall (Tuesday): 7:30 a.m.
- Plaça de l'Església (Monday and Thursday): 7:45 a.m.
- Bike Path. At the crossroads of Avinguda Espanya and Avinguda Roma (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday): 8:45 a.m.
- Carrer de Granollers, 13 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday): 8:30 a.m.
- Passeig estació, 3 (Monday): 9:45 a.m.
- Passeig Compte d'Egara (in front of the Mútua): 7:45 a.m.
- Renfe Station Sant Andreu Arenal. Carrer Fabra i Puig and Avinguda Meridiana (Tuesday): 9 a.m.
- Esclat hypermarket station (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday): 7:30 a.m.
To participate in the BiciBus UAB and sign up for one of the bike routes, please send and email to email@example.com and you will receive a reply shortly.
BiciUAB Service, a comprehensive bike centre
The UAB is home to the Servei BiciUAB, a comprehensive centre for bicycles located at the FGC-UAB Station. Its mission is to foster the use of this vehicle, as an everyday means of transport, and raise awareness of the need for more sustainable mobility. It offers bike rentals, bike insurance, user assessment, covered bike sheds, bike repair services, an auto-repair area and it also sells bikes and accessories.
All members of the UAB community can show up for a free bicycle check-up during the academic year. To be eligible, members must show a valid UAB or Esfera UAB card and no appointment is necessary. The check-up is valued at €33 and includes the adjustment of transmission, brakes, steering and tires. It does not include the price of possible spare parts.