Registration cancelation and modification
Registration cancelation and modification
If you want to cancel your registration or modify it partially, you will need to make an application in your academic management office, within the period assigned for these purposes in the academic calendar. You will need to address your request to de dean team or the direction of your faculty or school.
Extension or modification of your registration
If you want to modify your registration to make a group change, a subject cancelation and/or an extension, you must pay the amount set out in the Decree on public prices.
You will only pay the public price of your modification the first time you request this modification.
- During the first instalment period you will be able to make payed subject modifications on first, second term and annual subjects.
- During the second instalment you will only be able to request changes in second term subjects and as long as it does not increase your enrolment fee.
If you are a grant holder, you will not be able to increase or decrease the number of credits; you can only change subjects as long as the final amount of credits equals the one you had in the original registration.
What will you be able to do:
1. You can change groups and your study load (full time/part time).
2. You can access your registration modification as many times as you need and you can select the subject or group as long as there are free seats.
3. On the first registration modification you complete it will appear by default the fee: "Registration modification/automodification". You will only pay this fee the first time you request this modification. If you have already paid this fee, you will get an informative message.
4. You will not be able to change your personal information, exemptions, grant type or payment instalments.
5. You will have to pay at the registration modification self service by direct debit.
6. During the first instalment if you have chosen to pay with an AGAUR loan, will not be able to make an automodification.
7. If your bank account details are not informed already, you will be able to enter them while using the self service, but if you had already entered them, you will not be able to modify them.
8. If you did not select the complementary or mobility insurance, you will be able to select one of them. If you had already selected one insurance, you will only be able to change it for the other one during the first 72 hours, after that, you will only be able to add the one you did not choose iniatilly, and you will have to pay for them both.
9. You will be not able to select or cancel the optional fees, as they will not be visible.
10. When you finish your modification, you will be shown the total amount you will have to pay, with the modification fee included, if it applies.
You are only eligible for a refund on the amount paid if the cancelation or modification is for causes attributable to the University. Nevertheless, if you have canceled your registration due to a reallocation to a new place in a public university made by the University Admissions Office (OOAU), you will be entitled to a refund as long as you request the registration cancelation before the date on the Decree of public prices, except for the administrative handling fee.
First installment established in the academic and administrative calendar
You will be able to request subjects modification of the first and second terms.
Second installment established in the academic and administrative calendar
You will only be able to request changes in second term subjects, if you have not requested it before, and as long as it does not increase your enrolment fee. If you are participating in an exchange programme, you will be able to request modifications that alter your fees.
If you need to modify your registration, you will only have to pay the established fee once (27.27 euro), and the amount of the enrolled credits.
You will not have to pay the established fee in the following cases:
- When the registration modifications are made in an exchange programme, as long as you make them on the 6 weeks following your start in the other university.
- When the modifications are due to the registration calendar of your faculty or school (such as the final project, work placement, research projects, etc.).
- When the modification is due to new subjects offered by the University after the registration period.
- When the modifications are attributable to the University.
- When you need to buy the complementary insurance because you have enrolled in extra-curricular practical training with Treball Campus.
4. Bear in mind
- The amount of the registration modification will be paid in a single payment by direct debit. If you apply for a registration modification that implies an additional payment, you will have to make a single payment, it will not be added to other payments you have pending. The amount will be charged to your bank account from the decision date.
- Every faculty or school will publish the criteria to make their decisions on the registration modifications.
- Once your registration modification or cancelation has been made, it will be included in your academic record and you will not be able to renounce to it.
- To cancel core or mandatory subjects you have not passed, you will need to cancel also the new subjects you have enrolled in.
- As for continuation of studies, the cancelation will be equal to having registered.
- If you have completely cancelled your registration, you will have your place reserved for the next year term, as long as you have make the payment of your registration. This will only apply for new students and only once.
- The first registration modification will have the corresponding effect for students who have requested grants offered or managed by the UAB.
5. More information
- Enrolment cancellation. Application form
- Enrolment modification. Application form
- Fees for university academic and administrative services for the academic year
- UAB regulations for degrees governed by Royal Decree 1393/2007
- UAB legislation for the degrees regulated by study plans developed before the Royal Decree 1393/2007