Important information for all students with a right to exemption from paying enrolment fees or to a fee reduction.
For your exemption or reduction to be applied when enrolling, you need to email the document that justifies this to your Gestió Acadèmica (academic management office) before enrolling, unless this has already been done. This will ensure that you are charged the correct amount. Then you need to take the original or an attested copy of the document to the Gestió Acadèmica, or send it in by certified mail, before 6 November. If the original is not delivered by this date, the payment exemption will be cancelled and you will be charged the corresponding amount.
Timeframe for submitting the documents
- Supporting documents for fee exemption or reduction: these are to be emailed in advance of enrolment and the originals or attested copies delivered to the Gestió Acadèmica before 6 November.
- All other documents: The deadline for submitting the documents to the Gestió Acadèmica is 15 December 2020.
Returning students only need to submit documents in support of fee exemption or reduction if these have been renewed due to expiry.
- ID document:
- Students with a Spanish DNI: this does not need to be sent to the Gestió Acadèmica. It still needs to be shown for identification purposes when carrying out formalities in person.
- Students from the European Union: after enrolling, take your original passport or the original ID document with your Foreigner's Identity Number (NIE) to the Gestió Acadèmica, or send in an attested photocopy of one of these by post.
- Foreign students not from the European Union: after enrolling, take the original and a photocopy of your Foreigner's Identity Card (TIE) to the Gestió Acadèmica, or send in an attested photocopy by post. If you do not have your TIE yet, take your passport and a photocopy of your TIE application. You have up to a maximum of three months to provide the document.
- Foreign students residing in an EU country need to email their NIE to the Gestió Acadèmica before enrolling, to be kept on record.
- SEPA direct debit order. This must be printed out, signed and emailed to your faculty’s Gestió Acadèmica after enrolling. The bank details must include the IBAN and BIC codes if the bank is not present in Spain. Only accounts in banks located in the EU, Andorra, the Vatican, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino or Switzerland are accepted.
- If you are 28 or older, you will need to present the original and a copy of a health, accident and civil liability insurance policy that is valid in Spain. Nevertheless, if you plan to participate in an exchange programme with an Erasmus grant in European countries during this academic year, or undertake a placement, you will need to take out complementary mobility insurance.
- Complementary insurance needs to be taken out in the case of certain subjects and programmes. You will be told when enrolling whether you need to do this.
If a subject involves being in contact with minors, on the first day you need to submit a certificate of absence of sexual offences to the centre responsible for the subject. You will be automatically notified of this requirement when enrolling on the subject.
- Document with your qualification for taking these studies:
|Access route||Supporting documents|
|University entrance exams (PAU) or equivalent||No documents required.|
|PAU taken in another Autonomous Community||Application to transfer the entrance exam record from the university of origin|
|Spanish qualification in advanced vocational training, advanced practice in plastic arts and design, advanced practice in sports, or equivalent||No documents required.|
|Entrance exam for over-25s||No documents required.|
|Entrance exam for over-45s||No documents required.|
|Favourable resolution on admission through a change of degree programme or validation of previous studies||Certificate from the university of origin showing the access route taken to join it and the corresponding grades
Transfer of academic records (students from Spain).
University degree or equivalent
|Personal academic certificate (transcript) and attested copy of the degree certificate|
|Students from member states of the European Union or states with reciprocal international agreements in place||There is no need to submit the credential issued by the Spanish National Distance Education University (UNED)
There is no need to submit proof of having passed the specific phase of the PAU.
|APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID TOWARDS ENROLMENT FEES|
|Conditions applicable for 2020/2021 academic year||Supporting document|
|General grants for university studies||
Online application for the grant on the AGAUR website.
Online application for this grant on the AGAUR website.
If you are taking any form of undergraduate degree or qualifying Master's degrees, you can apply for it. The corresponding reduction can only be applied once the call has been resolved, before the deadline for making the third payment.
|If your grant application is not successful, whether or not you lodge an appeal against the proposed or definitive refusal, you need to make a provisional payment of the corresponding amount in a single payment that will be charged to your bank account as from the date of the decision on your grant application. If your enrolment is modified after May 31, the Gestió Acadèmica office of your centre will inform you of the payment options available.|
- For your exemption or reduction to be applied when enrolling, you need to email the document that justifies this to your Gestió Acadèmica before enrolling, unless this has already been done. Then you need to take the original or an attested copy of the document to the Gestió Acadèmica, or send it in by certified mail, before 6 November.
ENROLLMENT FEES: REGISTRATION REDUCTIONS AND/OR EXEMPTIONS
|Conditions applicable for 2020/2021
|Students awarded a distinction in Batxillerat||
Grade certificate with the distinction. If the distinction was awarded in a school in Catalonia, you need not submit any documentThis fees waiver does not apply to distinctions obtained for advanced vocational training (CFGS)
|Membership of a large family as certified by the Generalitat de Catalunya|
|You need not submit this if you also used it when signing up to take the PAU.|
|If you do not have a valid large-family card when you enrol, you have ten days to update it and inform your faculty’s Gestió Acadèmica.|
Membership of a large family as certified by other autonomous communities
Valid large-family card or certificate
|If you do not have a valid large-family card when you enrol, you have ten days to update it and you need to inform your faculty’s Gestió Acadèmica before enrolling.|
|People with disabilities (*)||
One of the following credentials: disability certificate issued or validated by the Department for Work, Social Welfare and Family, resolution or certificate issued by INSS or the competent authority in the corresponding autonomous community or any other specified in Article 2 of Royal Decree 1414/2006.
|Victims of acts of terrorism (plus their children and spouses)||Administrative resolution.|
|Victims of male violence in an intimate partnership (plus their dependent children)(*)||The "Llibre de Família" family register in the case of dependent children up to the age of 21, or a certificate of cohabitation ("convivència") for the family unit in the case of children over 21.
One of the following supporting documents: a judgement of conviction; a protection order; any other judicial decision to grant a precautionary measure in the victim's favour; a report from the public prosecutor or the Labour and Social Security Inspectorate; a report or certificate showing that the applicant is receiving assistance as a victim of gender violence, issued by a public administration agency — Social Services, Male- and Family-Violence Unit of the Directorate General for Families of the Catalan Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Families, Specialist Intervention Services (SIE), Information and Assistance Services for Women (SIAD), Crime Victims' Assistance Office, or sheltered accommodation — or by an entity providing assistance to women victims of male violence in an intimate partnership that is funded by a specific public administration body. * (See further details).
Submission of the required documentation within the set time limits is an essential condition for processing your academic record, making a new enrolment or modifying a previous one, and for requesting any kind of academic service (certificates, academic record transfers, etc.).
(*) Information based on the agreement on criteria for establishing the status of victim of male violence in an intimate partnership setting for the purpose of exemption from payment of university fees, approved by the Inter-university Council of Catalonia, which specifies the corresponding period of validity of these documents.