- Faculty of Medicine
- Barcelona campus
- Duration: 6 courses - 360 credits
- Admission mark: 13,042
- Price per credit: 27.67 Euros
- Language: Catalan, Spanish and English.
- Academic calendar
- Learning mode: Classroom-based learning
The bachelor's degree in Medicine at the UAB-UPF:
- Is characterised by a high teaching quality provided by a skills-based study plan, which moves increasingly towards teaching through simulatin and a strengthening of clinical practices.
- Allows you to integrate into a competitive research environment and facilitates contact with the latest scientific advances, an important complement for your academic training.
- Collaborates with the large hospitals and primary healthcare centres in its vicinity, which will allow you to acquire the most updated basic and essential as well as more specialised medical knowledge.
- Teaches the values of the medical profession and allows you to acquire the communication and teamwork skills every physician needs.
- For more than two decades, our students receive highly competitive scores in the MIR residency tests.
- Trains excellent medical professionals.
Doctors can carry out a wide range of tasks related to prophylactic and preventive medicine, diagnosis, therapeutics and research.
The most common career option is medical practice, in the private or public sector, but there are other possibilities, like medical research or teaching.
The health sector is expected to have great employment potential in the coming years. Great advances in biomedicine and technology are bringing about constant changes to healthcare systems. To face the new challenges there is a need for professionals and research teams working on new diagnostic and therapeutic techniques, who, along with professionals in healthcare, prevention and management, can improve the use of the resources allocated to health.
Thanks to the quality of the UAB/UPF medical degree, today I feel proud of having grown so much academically and personally. Both things are essential if you want to be a good doctor. Julia Fernández