- UAB Graduate Diploma
- Code: 1753/14
- 14th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 33 ECTS
- Start date: 01/10/2021
- Finish date: 30/09/2022
- Places: 30
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 2310 €
Special price 2079 €
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Spanish (80%), Catalan (20%)
- Location: Facultat Ciències de l'Educació. Campus UAB, Bellaterra (Barcelona) i Facultat de Dret.UB Diagonal, 684, 08034 Barcelona.
The following areas will be developed:
- Study of the spectrum of socio-cultural situations, integration dynamics and acculturalization to which different groups of immigrants are subjected.
- Analysis of problems and specific common social responses derived from the areas mentioned above (job market, education, health and media).
- Review and understanding of particular aspects of migration projects and integration expectations according to gender and generation.
- Evaluation of social and political actions towards immigration from an inter-cultural and socially inclusive approach.
This programme will offer a theoretical update to open new channels leading to deeper research, as well as technical training supported by experience and a global and holistic overview to base and apply strategies of social intervention.
Career opportunitiesImmigration analysts, inter-cultural mediators, institutional, public and private administration advising, socio-cultural integration programme participation, development and support for politicians, union leaders, educators, health workers, communicators and other social agents involved in activities related to migration and field work.
Work placements at public or private institutions aimed at training up professionals with expertise in social and legal intervention in the field of migration and diversity management. Placements give students the opportunity to get to know the work being done by various bodies on migration issues.
Their specific objectives are as follows.
- To acquire practical knowledge and basic competences for working with immigrant groups in Catalonia.
- To gain a deep understanding of the functioning, structure and activities of organisations working with immigrants.
- To acquire knowledge of theory through practical experience, which involves re-examining the content taught on the course in the light of insights gained on the placement.
To achieve these objectives, students undertake a short placement in an organisation working in the field of migration, write a brief report on this experience and then give an oral presentation of the report.
The host organisation will assign a tutor to each student, who will guide their day-to-day activity and will be responsible for the smooth running of the placement. Students will also be assigned an academic tutor. At the start of the placement the host organisation's tutor will provide a specific work plan for the whole period. At the end, this tutor will write an assessment report and send this to the academic tutor. The student must also write a report on the placement.
Host organisations may vary considerably in their nature and characteristics, but will always be linked in some way to migration.
Placements can take place at any point in the academic year, depending on the host organisation's availability.
Scholarships and financial aid
Chek all the information in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
Universitat de Barcelona
Departamento de Sociología
Departamento de Pedagogia Sistematica y Social
Departamento de Antropología Social y Cultural
Centre d'Estudis i Recerca en Migracions
Cautar Brakkoun el Harrati